Jan 23, 2023
If someone asked me what one thing they could do to improve
their physical health, I would reply with this question: "Are
you drinking enough water?"
The human body is comprised of around 60% water. 75% of the human brain is made up of water. If you are looking to get your day off to a great start, simply drink a glass of water!
Here are some of the benefits of drinking water:
1. Hydration helps us maximize our physical performance.
2. Drinking plenty of water improves energy levels and brain function.
3. Water helps prevent headaches.
4. Drinking plenty of water can aid in weight loss.
5. Water improves digestion.
6. Consuming adequate water helps us regulate our body temperature.
7. Hydration helps our joints and is a way of preventing kidney stones.
There are obviously many other benefits to consuming eight glasses of water each day, but that really isn't the issue is it? You still have to make the decision and take action on drinking water, because if you are serious about living an optimal, healthy life, water is essential.
someone asked me what one thing they could do to improve their
spiritual life, I would reply with this question: "Are your
praying everyday?" You see, just as water is essential to
living our best physical lives, a daily discipline of prayer
is essential to replenishing and powering our
When you make it a priority to pray everyday here are some of the amazing benefits:
1. Prayer develops and strengthens our relationship with God.
2. Praying helps us make right decisions.
3. Helps us avoid or overcome temptations.
4. Miracles happen through prayer.
5. We invite God into our daily lives when we pray.
6. Regular prayer helps us deal with anxiety and stress.
7. We become more confident and bold when we pray.
This is but a small sampling of what can happen in our souls when we take the time each day to pray. We could continue by looking at the impact our prayers have on our families, church, and communities...the list is really endless. Just as water is essential for living an optimal physical life, so is daily prayer in living an optimal spiritual life.
Do you want to change? Is your soul dry and in need or restoration? Do you feel empty spiritually? Here's a truth you need to understand: Every spiritual transformation starts with prayer. This is exactly why we take 21 days to focus on the spiritual disciplines of prayer and fasting. If there is going to be spiritual growth in our lives and in our church, it's going to come through a daily dedication to prayer. If you are looking to find transformation of your soul, it will only happen when you are dedicated to a faithful routine of prayer.
To learn more about how this can work in your life, take a few minutes to listen to part three of 21 Days of Prayer and Fasting.